Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search
DragonPrime Menu
Login

Resource Pages
IRC Channels
Search

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOtGD Default Color Codes  (Read 16293 times)
richardscorpio
« on: June 19, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »

ok I know that if i change
.colDkGreen to say.... white.. then everything in the game that calls for .colDkGreen will come up white, my question is what are the default color tokens in the engine. I tried guessing and most of it is right, but some of the others are off or duplicated.
I could not find a list here and I could prob run through all the source code but was hoping one of the "mod" gods have this in their pocket somewhere.
the topic that had color questions did not have a response for over 120 days so it said I should start a new topic. If i missed it, can you point me to the post.
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:45:24 PM »

"Default" is the template called Classic. However, that only contains the 15 colours for version 1.0.6. They are correct however (where "correct" is not real accurate a term, since there are colours like "light black" and "dark white", and light fuschia is actually the html-standard fuschia, while dark is our generic purple). In addition to those, there are the colours added up until 1.1.1 (which should be the last of the added colours). You can see those others correctly in Desert, if I have remembered the skin correctly. The colour names are also present in commentary.php. I recommend you support all the colours up to 1.1.1 - it will still work fine on anyone's 0.9.8 - 1.1.0 install.

At this point in time it's extremely difficult to have all 31 (?) colours contrast enough to be read against *any* colour background and still seem distinct from each other. Welcome to the joys of working with 30+ colours instead of 4! So some of them will be hell to contrast enough to read, and will require shifting from the "default" anyway, just in order to be seen.

The best solution is to adapt the other similar colours shifted along their colour scale until you can "fit" the others in. In your case, the light khaki- and brown- type colours and the yellow will barely show up - a solution might be to have two shades of dark brown (even though one is named lightbrown), two of dark khaki, and four dark oranges for the yellow and orange. You get the idea. It's more palatable than simply changing invisible yellow into black etc. You will find most players are disconcerted when you change a colour dramatically - they try to use their favourite colour in chat, see that it's totally different, and change back to a standard skin pretty fast (while moaning that light pink doesnt werk, OMG, and how much that sucks's...).

SaucyWench
Owner of GemDust.com and Darton City proudly hosted by LunarPages
richardscorpio
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 05:02:45 PM »

2 things:

WOW!!!
out of all my hobbies, this site has to have the fastest response times i have ever seens KUDO'S to you!!! TYVM!!!!

Ok second.. I think I must have worded it wrong.
I still have the old LORD color memorized (and I believe there were 14 colors 1 - 7 and shift 1 - 7 I would have to dig up the source code on some of the LORD mods I have to verify that)  but with this engine, is there a list like:

Page titles: yellow
page text: green
fight text: blue
Pub text: purple
etc...

so when you make your color list in your CSS file, you can adjust accordingly?

for example, my current theme of blue, the green will not work well nor will the purple, so I changed the .colDkGreen to equal white. Now it shows up fine.
But unless Im digging through each piece of php code, I have to guess what the source is using to set the colors.

does that make sense? Im not sure how to ask it, but I know what I want...

my wife does that...lol

SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »

Hrm. At one point we (Eric, JT and the Central staff) did mostly limit particular colours for certain things. As an example I think the bank is mostly green. But the problem became pretty much insurmountable once third parties began coding masses of modules in whatever colours they liked. So no, not anymore Smiley

1.0.6's colours are the ones from LoRD. 1-7 and 1-7 + shift. It's 17, not 15 as I said (oops), because somewhere back then I drove Eric *MAD* asking for orange to be added. It was added for Halloween a few years back. We made it the letter Q so that players would find it trickier to discover - it was supposed to be an easter egg of sorts. "DarkOrange" (q - brown) came in at the same time. We also had LightBlack which is ) as well.

Now... along the lines of shifting... for a dark blue background, make your greens light rather than making them white. For a light blue background have all the greens darker. Just a suggestion. You already have white, and it's not a crime to have a bunch of codes all create white onscreen, but players bizarrely have a love affair with "their" colours and with discovering them all. Might as well do as many as you can if you're going to the trouble of supporting all the codes.

SaucyWench
SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »

I found this list (thank you Elessa) and my comments on the actual colour shown in classic or jade...

"1" => "colDkBlue", this is very dark blue / navy
"2" => "colDkGreen",
"3" => "colDkCyan", this is real cyan/more like teal
"4" => "colDkRed", this is maroon
"5" => "colDkMagenta", this is PURPLE
"6" => "colDkYellow", mustard
"7" => "colDkWhite", light grey, I think it's CCCCCC
"!" => "colLtBlue",  not light blue, this is dark royal blue
@" => "colLtGreen", ghostbuster snot glowing green. FF0000
"#" => "colLtCyan", 00FFFF
"\$" => "colLtRed", this is standard red FF0000
"%" => "colLtMagenta", this is FUSCHIA FF00FF
"^" => "colLtYellow", "standard" yellow
"&" => "colLtWhite", white
"q" => "colDkOrange", brown
"Q" => "colLtOrange", standard orange
" => "colLtBlack", mid-dark grey, probably 777777
"R" => "colRose", soft pink
"V" => "colBlueViolet", soft violet
"v" => "coliceviolet", light "lilac"
"g" => "colXLtGreen", I call this colour Lichen. It appears as the "default" colour on some skins
"G" => "colXLtGreen", these matched by mistake in v1.1.0 - I think one of them has been changed for 1.1.1 and someone will tell us which one
"T" => "colDkBrown", I presume this is almost black, I can't recall actual colour
"t" => "colLtBrown", this is dark beige I think
"~" => "colBlack",
"e" => "colDkRust",
"E" => "colLtRust",
"j" => "colMdGrey",
"J" => "colMdBlue", "brilliant" blue
"l" => "colDkLinkBlue", 0000FF
"L" => "colLtLinkBlue",
"x" => "colburlywood", XChrisX needs to give us a screenie of all these Smiley
"X" => "colbeige",
"y" => "colkhaki",
"Y" => "coldarkkhaki",
"k" => "colaquamarine", teal
"K" => "coldarkseagreen", dark teal
"p" => "collightsalmon",
"P" => "colsalmon",
"m" => "colwheat",
"M" => "coltan",

SaucyWench
zegmorien
Militia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:44:01 PM »

* zegmorien walks in with his paintbrush..

By the way it still looks like G and g still match.. unless I'm mistaken. Same as R and r for pink.

Earned approximately $10,767.42 in fines from violations of Humor Embargo 2007-2008.
Updated in 2010 with 19% interest compounded monthly: $15,697.62
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

Be aware of the squirrel!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:29:30 AM »

`r has been removed in 1.1.1 ... `G is still there (or still has the same colour... something a may have missed... *oops* Wink

Running for more than three years now:
richardscorpio
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 04:01:33 AM »

although thats a fantastic list, not what I'm in search of  Embarrassed

was looking for what the default colors are for each "area" of the game.
i.e.
span class='colLtCyan'>It is a New Day!</span>
currently in my css file i have .colLtCyan set to white so THIS heading will come up white. cyan doesnt work well with my blue.

antoher example:
<span class='colLtWhite'>Because of your Horned Rat</span><span class='colLtWhite'>, you </span><span class='colLtYellow'>gain 2</span><span class='colLtWhite'>

those are hard coded in the php file as defaults (i think). I know you can change them in the css file. not all screens work well with these colors - for instance if you had a touch of yellow for a background, it would drown out the colLtYellow text. so you would assign the colLtYellow to equal say #000000.

Is that right or did I miss the boat? if so, any one have a life raft?

XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 04:18:45 AM »

You only need to change the CSS file... Or need to use the translator to change the color codes used (`# or `& ).

EDIT:
For clarification:

The PHP code looks like this:
output("`&Welcome to Legend of the Green Dragon!");

This is tranformed to
Code:
<span class='colLtWhite'>Welcome to Legend of the Green Dragon!
by the game engine.

`& always stands for "<span class='colLtWhite'>". What you tell the CSS file to have ".colLtWhite" look like (e.g. black -> #000000) is up to you. But the game will always use "<span class='colLtWhite'>" where it finds a "`&" in the output.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:22:02 AM by XChrisX » Logged

richardscorpio
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 04:22:13 AM »

ooooo
i think that is my raft  Grin

i thought the translator was for different languages hmmm

can you tel me how that works?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:24:09 AM by richardscorpio » Logged
XChrisX
Global Moderator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 04:39:22 AM »

the translator gets the intext ("`&Welcome to Legend of the Green Dragon!") and searches through the translation table, if a "translation" exists. you can translate that text to anything you like: "`&Welcome to Legend of the `1M`2u`3l`4l`5t`6i`7c`!o`@l`#o`$u`%r`&e`Qd`& Dragon!"

SaucyWench
Mod God

I'm a good girl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 07:36:53 AM »

I should have elaborated on this

Hrm. At one point we (Eric, JT and the Central staff) did mostly limit particular colours for certain things. As an example I think the bank is mostly green. But the problem became pretty much insurmountable once third parties began coding masses of modules in whatever colours they liked. So no, not anymore Smiley

Yes, all hard coded if they are not modules. The "rule" was just "whatever colour the authors felt like for that area". Where the code shows `@ the authors intended bright green. Although you can change `@ to mean pink if you want to, that will change all instances of that into pink in the entire game. It is not customisable on a line-by-line basis without core edits or using the translator. Chris touched on it briefly but you can learn a huge amount by reading threads here about translation. Have a look at ShinobiLegends.com (which is mostly translation rather than core editing - spend some time there and you will find the "standard" LoGD items all there with different names).

Just to give you some ideas, you can have the Enchanted Wood instead of the forest, in fact you can have Desert Sands or City Zoo or the Haunted Museum if you want to (with exhibits attacking you from behind the glass!). All doable with just the translator to change it from "English" to "Museum". While you might have just wanted to "fix" the text into correct colours, you'll soon discover it's a lot of work for perhaps not much gain, when compared with the vista of other possibilities...

SaucyWench
Snarkie
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

I have a short Question, What is the color code that shows gray but when you hover over it it turns orange?(Or Vice Virca) I forget what It is and I cant find it.(JCP Used it in some of MoTDS)
Talisman
Administrator
Mod God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »

There is no colour code which will turn grey when you hover over it - that is accomplished through html.

Play the latest beta version here on DragonPrime
PandoraStar
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »

* zegmorien walks in with his paintbrush..

By the way it still looks like G and g still match.. unless I'm mistaken. Same as R and r for pink.

Do these codes work for 1.1.0.?

Nevermind, I just learned that it depends on the skin also.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:21:33 PM by PandoraStar » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

DragonPrime Notices
Version 1.1.2 is the current supported version and is available for download.

Support Us
No funds raised yet this year
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Who's Online
36 Guests, 0 Users
DragonPrime LoGD
Recent Topics
Home Forums News Links Downloads Login Register Advanced Search